For some time have been looking for good Reading list product. Here are my experiences with the both.
- Text View rendering is a bit simple to configure & advanced ( compared to Instapaper )
- Official Mobile App and Addons are cool
- Amazing kindle support
- Unavailability of lot of options in Extensions and Mobile Apps ( as Readability is relatively new service compared to Instapaper )
- Date added of articles is not available
- Any amount ( Optional ) of which 70 % would go to ContentProviders
- Artistic Look and Feel
- Folder-wise organisation of articles
- Option to add summary to article
- Though lot of Chrome Extensions are available, felt hard to find good some.
- Kindle support seem to need improvement
- 1$ per Month ( Optional )
Extensions I found useful:
- Instapaper - Chrome Extension to send to Instapaper
- Chromapaper - Chrome App - provides offline support
- Instafetch - Instapaper Mobile app
My Usage : Apart from monetization differences, Instapaper can be seen as a place to organise Links compared to Readability which is more of makes Webpages readable.